Our #BookWeek joy continues with screenwriter and producer @nikiaken, on diversity in YA books, the characters that inspire you to create, and her problematic fav Playing Beatie Bow.
Listen through link in bio 👍📚👍
Boa noite ❤❤
Siiiim, terminei o terceiro e último livro de Para todos os garotos que já amei. Ainda não sei o que eu achei, preciso absorver melhor as informações hahaha.
Quero saber se vocês querem resenha ou não! Deixem nos comentários! ~♡~
Não esqueçam dos dois sorteios que estão rolando, um aqui no meu perfil e outro la no @lumoteca❤✌. Beijos e boa noite 😘😙
STY AND I: CHAPTER FORTY SIX: STY GOT A MUSTACHE: " NICE MUSTACHE,STY.. YOU GONNA KEEP IT... LADIES WILL ADORE YOU WITH YOUR MUSTACHE,STY!!!" I SAID TO MY PEN STY WHILE STY GREW A FUCKING MUSTACHE..." HOW DO I LOOK,HUH, MASTER DAVID... I GREW THIS MUSTACHE IN ORDER TO WRITE FOR THE BITCHES ONLY MASTER DAVID... ONLY THE BITCHES...NO WRITING THE DEPORTED OR DAVID TESTAMENT OR THE DICK GAME OR PLANTATION 2050... ONLY FOR BORN IN A WHORE HOUSE!!!" LASTLY MY HANDSOME PEN PEPE LEPEW WITH A MUSTACHE SAID TO ME WHILST TELLING ME THAT THE MUSTACHE IS FOR WHEN STY AND I ARE WRITING FOR HOES,BITCHES, PROSTITUTE, TRICKS!!!!! STY AND I COMING OUT 2018
SORTEIO DE UM ÓCULOS 😍😍😱
Para participar da Promoção, basta: ✔curtir a foto do regulamento;
✔seguir nossa página no instagram @emporium.k;
✔e marcar três amigos nos comentários.
O sorteio será realizado dia 06/09.
A pessoa sorteada será comunicada pelo instagram. Aí é só vir na loja escolher o óculos!! 😘👏👏
Vai ficar de fora dessa?
Depois de alguns meses esperando a oportunidade, finalmente trouxe pra minha estante o "Memórias do subsolo" do Dostoievski. 😍
O interesse veio da oficina de Escrita Criativa e também por ser um autor com estilo peculiar. Desde que li "Crime e castigo" tenho vontade de ler outros títulos dele.
A dificuldade está em: 1- encontrar; 2- o preço! Não sei porque tem de ser tão caros.
Quem aí curte o autor? Quais livros dele vocês já leram? 😊
Planned serendipity. A set of attainable business skills, that cultivate the conditions for chance encounters to generate new opportunities. The authors have identified 8 skills which represent different facets of how luck works. Each skill contributes to higher "chance encounters" and hopefully, success.
1) Motion: we organize our lives to be orderly and measured. Luck comes when you break routine by increasing the likelihood that you will encounter new experiences and ideas relevant to your work. Conversations you weren't expecting to have that lead to new insight.
2) Preparation: the structure we've grown up with - going to college, getting a job and following order compartmentalizes it all. Preparation however, allows you to link together seemingly unconnected information and people. What are you into that might be niche? Find others who are into it and see what skill you can contribute that can enhance their experience with that nice.
3) Divergence: being able to recognize and explore alternative paths when you experience chance encounters.
4) Commitment: the ability to choose the RIGHT things in front of us to focus on which reveals our intentions and goals publicly. By doing so we transform the environment around us and the way people think about that goal. By creating this relationship, we increase opportunity.
5) Activation: designing experiences that foster spontaneity. Freeing people from standard protocol to allowing friendly interaction.
6) Connection: the ability to optimize the number and quality of connections with others (by being a connector, router or receiver) in a digital age where we can meet anyone anywhere. Project our goals and build our reputation around it so we can transform our environment to amplify that goal.
7) Permeability: replace the rigid walls of "this is my idea I can't let anyone else steal or fix it". Allow the free exchange of information between your idea and your customer base to hone your vision into something everyone can relate to.
8) Attraction: put all skills into effect while being your authentic self, so as to draw the most relevant people, ideas, & opportunities to help achieve your goals.
I'm behind on my reading for my mfa program.... yet im enjoying books that I would never have personally selected... this program is really introducing me to amazing writers. So sitting here on the desk in my pj pants, no bra 😳reading from my kindle🙂 loving this book the quick and the dead by joy williams❤️#graduateschool#readinglist#hawaii#bralessandflawless
Desafio #paginasdeagosto !! Vamos lá?? 😏
2️⃣2️⃣✨"it's gonna be legen... Wait for... dary!Legendary! - Aquele livro que tem tudo para ser muito bom: Com a fama que Colleen Hoover tem de escrever apenas livros MARAVILHOSOS (conto por experiência própria), Escolhi 'It ends with us', que é aquele livro que estou apenas escutando coisas boas. Então, logo logo irei lê-lo para contar o que achei dele. 🌚🌺🌷
🌺Sigam igs parceiros:
Tonight, we're working on some new content for our UPDATED site🍷🍺📚🙃 While you're waiting, check out some of our other posts, like our recent review of Blake Crouch's "Dark Matter": https://willreadforbooze.com/2017/07/07/dark-matter-by-blake-crouch/
And as I sat there brooding on the old, unknown world, I thought of Gatsby’s wonder when he first picked out the green light at the end of Daisy’s dock. He had come a long way to this blue lawn, and his dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it. He did not know that it was already behind him, somewhere back in that vast obscurity beyond the city, where the dark fields of the republic rolled on under the night.
Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter—to-morrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther. . . . And one fine morning—— So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past. - F.Scott Fitzgerald
Taken by the great Asmaa @az__photographs
Can I just say I haven't read a book in a really long time that made me want to highlight every word. Business, relationships, the masks that we wear...I'm so happy that I selected this book for the first reading selection in my book club.
This is not a book that you will be able to breeze thru. It really makes you examine yourself, habits and the choices that you make beyond the beautiful surface that we love ♥️living on.
My friends know each year I select a book that I gift to each of them for their birthdays; this is it 🤗
If you are local to the Chicago area and looking for a group of women to read with inbox meet for details. We will be selecting our Fall book 📖 soon
Many thanks @sarahjakesroberts
Spent the weekend visiting some truly gorgeous bookshops in regional VIC with @thompsonkarenlee. This is my spectacular book haul! Bring on spring and summer produce!! 🍃❤️ link in bio for a run down on the shops we visited.
"'How strange it is. We have these deep terrible lingering fears about ourselves and the people we love. Yet we walk around, talk to people, eat and drink. We manage to function. The feelings are deep and real. Shouldn't they paralyze us? How is it we can survive them, at least for a while? We drive a car, we teach a class. How is it no one sees how deeply afraid we were, last night, this morning? Is it something we all hide from each other, by mutual consent? Or do we share the same secret without knowing it? Wear the same disguise.'"
White Noise | Don DeLillo
Hace unos días terminé Valeria en el espejo, el segundo libro de la saga Valeria, estoy enganchadísima, no solo con la saga, sino también con la autora, en dos semanas me leí 6 de sus libros y no sé cuál de todos ellos me gusta más. Si todavía no leyeron nada de Elisabet les recomiendo agarrar cualquiera de sus libros y empezar a disfrutar. Si hay algo con lo que se caracteriza Benavent es con crear personajes reales, seguramente se sientan identificado con alguno o reconozcan a sus amigos en las actitudes y comentarios de varios de sus protagonistas.